As a marketer, it’s part of my job to make sure the top of our sales funnel is filled with quality leads (folks who would be a great fit for our post-pc CRM). Without leads, there aren’t any deals. With no deals, there’s no revenue. Without revenue, you wouldn’t be reading this awesomely helpful article. Clearly, lead generation is a must for a healthy bottom line. As a result, you’d think businesses would already have the process perfected. Unfortunately, this is not so.
Even though lead generation is the essential first step for closing more deals, only 1 in 10 marketers say their lead generation efforts are highly efficient and effective. And I’m sure most sales teams would agree. Sales people are always requesting more qualified leads from the marketing team. After all, their livelihood is often dependent on the sales they close.
So what can sales and marketing teams do to make sure their are enough leads to close? Before we dive in, we should first cover the mechanics of lead generation. The best lead generation campaigns contain most, if not all, of these components. From a tactical perspective, a marketer needs four crucial elements to make inbound lead generation happen. These include:
1. Offer – An offer is a piece of content that is perceived high in value. Offers can be ebooks, white papers, free consultations, coupons, infographics, videos and product demonstrations.
2. Call-To-Action (CTA) – A call-to-action (CTA) is either text, an image or a button that links directly to a landing page so people can find and download your offer.
3. Landing Page – A landing page, unlike normal website pages, is a specialized page that contains information about one particular offer, and a form to download that offer.
4. Forms - You can’t capture leads without forms. Forms will collect contact information from a visitor in exchange for a valuable offer.
Jessica Meher, the head of enterprise marketing for HubSpot, has written a fantastic ebook to help you in this crucial aspect of marketing and sales, “The 30 Best Lead Generation Tips, Tricks, & Ideas”.
“The 30 Best Lead Generation Tips, Tricks, & Ideas” Tweet Ebook
Not only does Meher have a powerhouse list of suggestions for improving your lead generation, but she has also broken them down so that your business can analyze how they relate to your existing activities. Need to work on your calls-to-action? Do your landing pages need sprucing up? No matter where your lead generation needs a little TLC, this ebook has proven strategies to help your business keep that pipeline full.
In addition, Meher will walk you through the mechanics of the lead generation process, so whether you’re looking to finesse an existing program or build a new one from scratch, you’ll have lots to learn.
Don’t let your business fall into the trap of mediocre lead generation. When so many of your team members are dependent on this process, your company should be constantly pushing for excellence.
This ebook will start you down the path of strong lead generation, defining the first steps your business can take to revolutionize your processes. Next, Base can help you track your leads as they move through the sales funnel.
Latest posts by Lauren Licata (see all)
- 9 Affordable (Or Free) Tools That Boost Business Efficiency - December 9, 2013
- 6 Sales Blind Spots – They May Not Be What You Think They Are - December 6, 2013
- 50 Motivational Sales Quotes To Get You Pumped Up - December 5, 2013